Sunday, May 17, 2009

Summer is here!

Well, it's 100 degrees out today, so I guess this is the best time to stay in and bead!

Deanna and I are getting ready to go to the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee in two weeks.  Actually, Deanna leaves before me, and she is teaching 5 classes, so I think she's a little more stressed out about it than I am at this point.  I have the majority of my booth display to get together and get up to the wonderful folks up at Arrow Springs to load onto the truck they're taking to the show.  Actually, my stuff is hitching a ride with their stuff which goes on the truck that they and the Soft Flex Company are taking to the show.  I am small potatoes compared with what they all have to take.  I'm just lucky they can take it and save me some $$ on shipping costs! In case you have not heard me say it before, use Softflex, not other products, and if you want to learn to make glass beads, for heaven's sake, go up to Arrow Springs!

So, all the time I get asked about the Bead and Button show.  It's a fantastic show, the biggest bead show in the world.  I have been to many other shows, and no other compares.  Well, they compare, but they aren't quite as amazing.  If you have the opportunity to go, I highly recommend it.   

I have been thinking about businesses and the economy a lot lately.  I have been making a point of shopping at locally owned stores.  I'm still amazed when I see or hear about yet another shop going out of business.  I'd like to personally thank all of the good people who's continued support of our store helps us weather this unpredictable economy.  We want to be your first choice of places to shop for beads.  We value your business and hope that our customer service and friendly staff makes your experience better than anywhere else.  We know you'll shop when you feel welcome and we're glad it's us!

2 comments:

  1. Gretchen, have you heard about the 3/50 Project yet? http://www.the350project.net/home.html

    It encourages people to shop local and support the smaller stores that make their cities special. Check it out and spread the word!

    Yes, I drank the Kool-Aid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words about the BeadAndButtonShow.com. We're all so excited about the show here at BeadStyle, Bead&Button, and Art Jewelry magazines. Classes have already started, and I can't wait to get to the Marketplace this weekend! See you there!

    ReplyDelete